I wouldn’t have called it ultimate, but I enjoyed answering most of the questions. After doing the Book Tag a while ago, I decided to add other tags to the… collection, if I find something some which grab my attention. One of them is this one, created by the girls from Chapter Chicks. I tweaked it a bit and here it is. Have fun!
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
I usually don’t read in the car. But no, I do not get sick… although I might forget to get out of the car if it’s a good story.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
It’s not easy to choose, but I’ll say Charlotte Bronte. I love her novels. I wasn’t impressed with The Professor, but I’m in love with Jane Eyre (Shirley and Villette are surprisingly good as well). Her writing is what took my fondness for reading one step further, making me want to discover every little detail the stories had to offer.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter. Three points, you say. Hm… great plot (more than meets the eye), brilliant characters, that little something that sticks with you, regardless of your age. Or of the number of times you’ve actually read the series.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
I don’t have a book bag. But even my smallest bag is big enough to hold a book.
5. Do you smell your books?
Sometimes, but I’d much rather feel their texture and admire the writing (if it has a certain style which stands out, like Count Dracula’s diary) or illustrations, if there are any.
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
I prefer books without illustrations. I get rather distracted when I see them.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
Quality writing according to whom? Yes, it happened, but I won’t give titles. I loved those books, so I don’t care if anyone says they’re not “quality writing”. Not even the critics have a say in what I choose to read.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood?
I don’t have any funny stories, but I will tell you this: the best stories of my childhood, fairytales, did not come from books, but from my grandfather. He would tell me stories every night. My love for books was born then.
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Agnes Grey, Anne Bronte.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Les Miserables, Victor Hugo. One of my favourite books ever.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I used to write short-stories, but I haven’t written fiction since I was about 19 years old. Do I see myself as being an author? Well, I used to. And, to be honest, that wish is still in my heart. Who knows?! Maybe one day I’ll return to this love of mine.
12. When did you get into reading?
I don’t know. As I said before, it all started with fairytales. After that, it was a gradual process… there was no going back.
13. What is your favorite classic book?
Jane Eyre, no doubt about that. I’ll write a review for it, I promise!
14. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated… what would you do?
Thank the one who gave it to me, hope that I didn’t sound too disappointed and put the book on a shelf. Out of sight, if possible.
15. What is your favorite word?
Why? It’s also one of my least favourite words. It depends on who’s using it.
16. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Nerd, plain and simple. What’s a dweeb?
17. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Vampires… like Dracula as described by Stoker and Kostova: old, intelligent, complex. Or like Count Saint Germain.
18. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Can it be an angel with shapeshifing powers? Because, to quote the Doctor, they’re cool.
If they’re well-written, both. Because I’m curious to see how they’d be presented.
20. Zombies or Vampires?
I haven’t read any zombie stories, so… vampires.
21. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Forbidden love. Not much of a fan, but I’m even less of a fan of love triangles.
22. Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action-packed and love scenes. The best of both worlds!
by Elena Atudosiei