I almost can’t believe that Sailor Moon is finally on eLitere. It’s not what I imagined it would be, but I’m still happy with this little article. I found this book tag on Super Space Chick’s blog and I love it, I feel like watching the anime again. Right… let’s get started.
- Moon: a book that makes you hungry.
Care Santos’ Desig de xocolata (Desire for Chocolate or, the one I’ve read, Poftă de ciocolată). If this doesn’t make you want to eat or drink chocolate, I don’t know what will.
- Mercury: a book that features science and technology.
The First Stage by Cătălin Pînzaru. I’m still waiting for part two, I need to know what happened with my characters, if their plan worked.
- Venus: a book that makes you want to play video games.
The Harry Potter series, actually. Are the games still around? I haven’t played one in over a decade.
- Mars: a book inspired by mythology or folklore.
Elizabeth Kostova’s The Historian and many other vampire novels. We have the vampire myth and, with it, bits and pieces of folklore.
- Jupiter: a book that gave you strong feelings.
Good or bad feelings? I recommend Cel care mă așteaptă (The Book of Fate) by Parinoush Saniee. It will hurt you, it will touch you, it will leave you exhausted.
- Saturn: a post apocalyptic book you love.
I don’t really like post apocalyptic books, to be honest. But I recommend reading Brave New World (Minunata lume nouă) by Aldous Huxley.
- Pluto: a time travel book.
Ah, I can add a title from the Doctor Who universe: The Stone Rose by Jacqueline Rayner. I’d say it’s even better if you have the audiobook, since it’s read by David Tennant. By the way, I love Rose Tyler and the 10th Doctor.
- Uranus: a book featuring elemental magic.
I stumbled upon quite a few titles that would be perfect here, but I haven’t read those books. So I’ll choose a series I received many years ago: Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer.
- Neptune: a book featuring music.
Elif Shafak’s The Bastard of Istanbul (Bastarda Istanbulului). Johnny Cash and his music are mentioned quite often. I loved that book so much!
- Tuxedo Mask: a book with masquerades or hidden identities.
I choose one of my favourite Romanian books, …And Then the Nightmare Came at Last by Oliviu Crâznic. Now that I think about it, this novel would be perfect for Mars, too.
- Chibi Moon: a favourite middle grade book.
Frații Jderi by Mihail Sadoveanu. I don’t know if I’ll ever have the time to re-read it, but I remember enjoying it when I was younger.
- Luna, Artemis and Diana: a book for animal lovers.
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling. And I chose this book because I can’t help but remember Hermione and her own pet, Crookshanks.
Image source 1: wikia
by Elena Atudosiei