Books and coffee… what’s not to like? I couldn’t ignore this tag, so, with coffee by my side and books around me, I took my laptop and wrote the titles which would go well with that perfect cup of coffee. Enjoy!
- Black: Name a series that’s tough to get into but has hardcore fans.
The Lord of The Rings, I guess. I heard so many great things about this series, we even had classes where we spoke about these books and I’d love to uncover their secrets on my own, but… the time hasn’t come yet.
- Peppermint mocha: Name a book that gets more popular during the winter or a festive time of year.
A Christmas Carol (Romanian review). At least that’s what I feel like reading (or watching) at some point in December.
- Hot chocolate: What is your favourite children’s book?
My answer would have been completely different last year, but I’ll choose A Monster Calls right now. I love it and I recommend it!
- Double shot of espresso: Name a book that kept you on the edge of your seat from start to finish.
The Shining by Stephen King. I can’t really say why, but I couldn’t put it down. I just had to know what was going to happen next.
- Starbucks: Name a book you see everywhere.
The books from The Lunar Chronicles. I want to read the series, but I’ve seen it appear on tumblr and youtube so many times, that I’m afraid I will be disappointed in it.
- That hipster coffee shop: Give a book by an indie author a shout out.
Devika’s book, When I See Your Face. Although, to be honest, I’ve no idea if she’s an indie author.
- Oops! I accidentally got decaf: Name a book you were expecting more from.
The Fault in Our Stars. The first half bored me and I was expecting much more from a novel that was so praised. I suppose I wanted too much from it. I’ll write about the book at some point, though. I see why it is loved.
- The perfect blend: Name a book or series that was both bitter and sweet but ultimately satisfying.
The only one I’m truly interested in: Harry Potter. Maybe The Chronicles of Narnia too, but I haven’t finished that one. So many questions about book series… oh well, maybe I’ll start reading one in the near future. Maybe.
by Elena Atudosiei