There are some extremely interesting tags around and one of them reached me this morning. It’s on Facebook and it goes like this: “In your status, list 10 books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take more than a few minutes and do not think too hard. They do not have to be the “right” books or great works of literature, just ones that have affected you in some way”. And then you have to nominate ten of your friends to do the same. I was happy to see that Rayna tagged me and I wrote my list in a group, but also decided to take said list, add a few more titles (in no particular order… except for the first one) and post it here.
1. Jane Eyre (Charlotte Bronte): my favourite book. I love it and it will always remain in my heart.
2. Les Miserables (Victor Hugo): this book broke my heart in ways you can’t imagine. According to some people, I read it late (I was around 20 at the time), but I disagree.
3. The Historian (Elizabeth Kostova): with it, I turned my attention back on vampires. This novel has a lot to offer. I wish I could meet Elizabeth Kostova and thank her for writing it.
4. Poe‘s short-stories. They refuse to leave my mind.
6. … Și la sfârșit a mai rămas coșmarul (Oliviu Crâznic): am citit-o în iulie. Noaptea. A meritat fiecare minut.
7. Domnișoara Christina (Mircea Eliade): mă întorc cu drag la poveste, îmi place să o redescopăr pe Christina.
8. Din lumea celor care nu cuvântă (Emil Gârleanu): îmi amintește de copilărie. Și da, o citesc și acum.
9. Memoriile unei fete cuminți (Simone de Beauvoir): o carte ce a deschis un nou drum, spre alte lecturi interesante.
10. Wuthering Heights (Emily Bronte): before reading it, someone told me I’ll hate Heathcliff. She’s not that far from the truth, but the book is brilliant and I wouldn’t change anything about the characters.
12. Vanity Fair (William Makepeace Thackeray): it reminds me of one of my favourite professors from high school. Thank you, sir!
13. The Color Purple (Alice Walker): it raises a lot of questions. Another brilliant book.
14. The Saint-Germain Cycle (Chelsea Quinn Yarbro): I’m reading it now. I only hope I will find the whole series, I really need it.
15. Carmilla (Sheridan Le Fanu): this one goes hand in hand with Dracula. I love vampires because of these two books.
That being said, what books would you choose? Ce cărți v-au ajuns la suflet?
by Elena Atudosiei